Loadmaster - NASA Super Guppy (Part-Time)
|Title:||Loadmaster - NASA Super Guppy (Part-Time)|
Work Location: NASA Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX)
Minimum Citizenship: U.S. Citizen
Clearance: US Government/Public-Citizen
We are currently seeking an individual on a part-time basis to provide aircraft loadmaster services in support of NASA’s Super Guppy Transportation System to ensure all mission activities meet customer requirements. These services include all pre-mission support activities, mission support, and post-mission support activities that are required. For mission support activities, the loadmaster is responsible for ensuring that all payload operations are executed within the defined limits of the Super Guppy Transportation System, to include both the procedural and operational limitations of the payload and aircraft.
- The loadmaster shall execute pre-mission support by planning and coordinating the logistical elements of all missions in support of the Super Guppy Transportation System. Pre-mission support includes the development of comprehensive transportation plans, payload analysis for both ground and air transportation, coordination with stakeholders at the discretion of AOD, cargo load planning, cargo preparation, material handling equipment operations, the development of cargo loading procedures, and calculating Super Guppy weight-and-balance/center-of-gravity data to provide to AOD personnel per mission requirements.
- The loadmaster shall operate the Super Guppy cargo loaders used to support the Super Guppy Transportation System.
- For Super Guppy airlifts and missions on other AOD platforms, the loadmaster shall coordinate usage of mission support equipment and facilities (such as GSE, loaders, airfield access, crane operations, etc.) with external entities such as the DoD, airfield FBOs, and local officials.
- The loadmaster shall develop Super Guppy payload integration checklists for each mission, and shall be responsible for verifying execution of checklists during missions.
- The loadmaster shall perform post-mission support activities which include cargo loading and offloading operations, material handling equipment operations, cargo pre-positioning and de-positioning operations, detailed logistical coordination, Super Guppy equipment staging, and payload preparation activities.
- The loadmaster shall develop and maintain an inventory of Super Guppy payload dunnage, and manage the storage of dunnage and mission support hardware.
- The loadmaster shall maintain all pertinent documentation related to Super Guppy-payload integration, customer coordination, weight-and-balance/center-of-gravity, and Task Order deliverables.
- The loadmaster shall ensure that all files are accurate, complete, and can be accessed for historical reference.
- The loadmaster shall maintain maintenance files on all mission support equipment.
- The loadmaster shall inspect and maintain all mission support equipment associated with the Super Guppy Transportation System on an as-needed basis, as well as associated certification, calibration and proof testing.
- The loadmaster shall obtain rigging and heavy hauling support through the Facilities Contract as needed.
- The loadmaster shall ensure that all equipment training and certifications are current, as required.
- The loadmaster shall incorporate Super Guppy vertical center-of-gravity (CG) calculation and payload-specific CG data into the NAMIS weight and balance system.
- The loadmaster shall assist with weight and balance calculation and tracking across all AOD platforms.
Education: AA or BS in Related Field
Year(s) of Experience: 5+ years in NASA or DoD Aircraft Environment
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of QTS is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. QTS hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. QTS believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables them to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.