|Title:||Aerodynamics Research Engineer|
Minimum Citizenship: U.S. Citizen
Clearance: US Government
This position is for a research aerospace engineer who possesses a multi-disciplinary aerospace background preferably in aerodynamics, CFD, structural dynamics, aeroelasticity, and flight dynamics and control. The successful candidate will become a member of a high-performance team conducting work to support research activities under the Advanced Air Transport Technology (AATT) project. Specific duties will include:
- Perform aerodynamic modeling and simulation of flexible wing aircraft and wing shaping control concepts using aerodynamic tools such as vortex-lattice codes AVL, vortex-lattice code (VORLAX/VSPAERO), VSP Aero and research/commercial CFD codes.
- Perform aeroelastic analysis by coupling finite-element codes (NASTRAN and in-house code) to aerodynamic tools.
- Support the development of coupled aeroelastic-flight dynamic model in Matlab Simulink environment.
- Support multidisciplinary optimization.
- Perform aerodynamic and finite element code modification and code development
- Publish research results in relevant conference proceedings/journals.
Education: BS in Aerospace Engineering
Year(s) of Experience: 2 - 5 years
Required Skills and Traits
(Skills to include software, hardware, technical, scientific, research, operations, and administrative):
- Applied background/coursework should include: Aerodynamics, Structures, Aeroelasticity, Flight Dynamics, Control, and Optimization. Previous related work experience is highly desired.
- Experience using aerodynamic tools: vortex-lattice code (VORLAX/VSPAERO), Research CFD code such as CART3D, FUN3D or equivalent commercial CFD code (STARCCM+), finite element codes (NASTRAN), commercial CFD code.
- A high proficiency in MATLAB is required.
Successful candidate must be:
- A fast learner, quickly effective, and up to speed.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Capable of assuming responsibility for a significant portion of the work.
Other Desired Skills
(Skills other than those required to meet the minimum requirements for the job)
- Experience or demonstrated coursework in Aerodynamics/Aeroelasticity
QTS, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, disability or military status.